Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Twenty Seven

I know I haven't talked that much about turning twenty-seven.... I know I haven't talked that much in general in this blog. To be honest, my motivation to blog has been at an all-time low. It may have something to do with my exhaustion at work or preoccupying my spare time with other things. Either way, I'm here now to tell you about my birthday.

When I was younger, and I'm not sure when the fascination started, but I grew to love and anticipate the age 27. I felt in some way that that would be the age in which I would have it all figured out. I would have 'arrived' at age 27. I was born December 7, at 7:27am, 7lbs, 7oz. Twenty-seven would be my golden year. Looking at it now as it has finally come to meet me, I can say that I am truly excited. This year Caleb will be finishing school and his internship and we are talking about what life looks like after these. We are talking about having children. We are members at an amazing church that we love dearly. I have some of the best friends a girl could have. From where I'm at, it doesn't look like twenty-seven will disappoint. Granted, there will be trials, there will be rough patches, and I will look to God for my hope and joy, and not an age and the circumstances that lie within. But, oh manny, I don't think I've ever been so giddy about a number, an age, a birthday.

Today will be a mellow day. I got the day off work. I'm going to have lunch with a friend. Dinner with Caleb and some other friends of ours. And the in between time, I'll be getting some much missed rest. I actually slept in til 8am! yeah.... I know, so lazy of me. Anyway, I hope all of you have a wonderful day as well. Stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday! you are a wonderful friend. 27 years does well with you ;)

    ReplyDelete