Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines!

Caleb and I generally don't celebrate Valentines Day. It's not really a holiday we see as very important. It's our goal to love each other daily with our words and actions, and although the sentiment is endearing, it isn't very necessary to have a day out of the year to recognize our love for each other. My friends at work have been trying to figure out what they'll get for their boyfriends or try to guess what they are getting for them. It's cute. One girl had flowers delivered to her while at work yesterday. "The day isn't even here yet!" she exclaimed. I think that Valentines can have it's place, although I'm not a fan of what it can turn into.....disappointment over unmet expectations or an analyzation of one's worth if your find yourself without a valentine. You have worth and it's not defined by whether someone loves you (although, granted, it is a nice feeling). Your worth is found in the love God has for you, and the sacrifice He made with Jesus, so that he can be close to you, reunited with you. That won't change whether you have a valentine or not.

All of this having been said, I will wish you a Happy Feb. 14th. Caleb said he has a surprise for me. I know it's because he wants to show his love for me.....he always has little surprises for me. And today, just as yesterday and as I hope for tomorrow and so on, I hope to show my love for him.

1 comment:

  1. I actually said awe out loud. Sounds like you two have it figured out. Also, those owls are flipping adorable.

    ReplyDelete