Thursday, February 17, 2011

Artsy Fartsy

I was doing some time travel, via old blogs, xanga, facebook, and old back up discs. Talk about super nostalgic... Well, during this time I came across a ton of old pictures of me at various stages in life and also some art work that I've done in the past. It's fun looking back at the pieces I no longer have, and I thought, heck, I might as well share them with you fine folks. Most of these works were before I dared at painting. I'm a natural drawer, but I'm getting better with paint.





As you can see, at some point I decided I wanted to incorporate paint. I was still primarily drawing and just filling in my drawings with paint.

I'm a huge fans of portraits, obviously. I started experimenting with shading with paint.



This was a start of my more whimsical side. It's supposed to be how Caleb makes me feel. I made it when we were dating.
Then I started painting more for reals....and that's where I am today, still trying to do more of that.


"Ash Wednesday"

"Daniel 7"

Untitled

I'm currently working on a painting, but it's slow goings. Sorry this is such a picture heavy post, but hopefully you enjoyed it.

3 comments:

  1. It's a pleasure to view your work, Kelly. My favorite is the Olive portrait (6th down). I'm curious, what is written in the script on the background?

    I like the style and direction you're going with the paint medium. Overall inspiring and makes me want to draw (more often that is), thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a phenomenally gifted person

    ReplyDelete