Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A girl's gotta have goals...

So it's a new year, and that typically tends to mean a fresh start. I'm going to assume that at some point in the beginning of 2010, I made some kind of list of goals...resolutions, of which I aspired to stick to. I cannot find this list (as sure of making one as I am), so I'm going to guess it held to the usual suspects: exercise, do more writing and art, read my bible more. Beyond these, however, I cannot attest.

Now it is 2011. Seeing as I hope to be blogging for year(s) to come, I figure that if I document these here, I can hopefully see if I achieved what I had hoped to. So here they go:

Exercise consistently. By this, I hope to have a regular exercise routine. I've grown lax in the past few months and have gotten into the habit of  blaming the weather. No excuse!!! So for the winter months, Caleb and I will work out at the gym (conveniently across the street), and when the weather is nice again, we will go for runs on the Katy trail, swim in our pool (if we are still at this apartment) and continue doing home workouts (medicine ball, yoga, etc.).

- Paint more. And for a specific goal, I hope to use up all the canvass I got for Christmas. So that would make six paintings. I'm a little scared about this one. I get artist's-block often and usually only make two or three a year. But that's the goal!

- Learn to sew. My mom gave me her sewing machine and I have yet to use it. She said it may be broken, but I haven't tested it out. It's been sitting in a corner of the apartment since we moved in. Meanwhile, I've been accumulating lots of fabric for the quilt I intend on making. So I better get on that sewing machine soon.

- Read the Harry Potter series. Enough said. Also, continue to read more (I'm on a reading rampage!!!).

- Read the whole Bible. I've started this reading plan and so far it's going good. It's challenging sometimes, but I love the Bible. And God. So that helps in the motivation department.

- Cook and Bake more. Caleb's grandparents got us a bread maker and bread recipe book for Christmas. I love bread and used to make it from scratch. I want to start doing this more. I also love cooking in general. Especially Indian, Thai, and healthy food in general, so I hope to learn more recipe's.

- Take more pictures. We have a great camera, so I have no excuse. We need our memories preserved!

Okay, I think that's it. Those are the goals for 2011. Let's make 'em happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment